This post was written by Christine Bonhomme
La Barjo, Normandy’s craziest trail run
16 – 17 June 2018
Dear fellow runners,
The French non-profit organisation, Cœur d’Enfant, is holding the 9th annual race of the ‘La Barjo’ trail run on Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 June 2018.
The race takes place each year on the stunning West coast of the Cotentin Peninsula, between Barneville-Carteret and Beaumont-Hague.
Several options :
- Saturday 16 June at 10pm: 15K (9.5 miles) night loop trail from Beaumont-Hague.
- Sunday 17 June, 4 options :
- 4:30am : ‘La Barjo’ – 100K (62 miles) ultra-trail between Barneville-Carteret and Beaumont-Hague.
- 10am : ‘Demi Barjo’ – 50K (31 miles) trail between Urville-Nacqueville and Beaumont-Hague. (31 miles)
- 1pm : ‘Port Racine’ 25K (15.5 miles) trail between Saint Germain-des-Vaux and Beaumont-Hague.
- 3pm : ‘Mini Barjo’ 15K (9.5 miles) trail loop from Beaumont-Hague.
- Not enough?
Take on the ‘Barjo Challenge’ and run both the night trail and the ‘Demi Barjo’ trail the next day.
- Still not enough?
Take on the ‘Big Barjo Challenge’ and run both the night trail and the ‘La Barjo’ ultra trail the next day!
‘La Barjo’provides a unique chance to run the Cotentin’s beautiful coastal and cliff paths (including the famous Sentier des Douaniers, and support a great cause!
2500 runners took part last year, so why not cross the Channel and join us!
Sign up at www.labarjo.fr (closing date 1 June 2018)
See you there!
Association Cœur d’Enfant