The SMANM (Syndicat Mixte Association Normandie Manche), administrative name of the organisation is run by an executive committee, composed of the same number of elected representatives from both entities. The executive committee is the deliberative body and decision maker.
Within a period of three months following the elections of the conseil départemental or the conseil régional, the SMANM executive committee has to be renewed and re-elected.
Other people may be invited to attend meetings in an advisory capacity only. They can be qualified consultants, senior officers in charge of international relations policies who advise the committee of different strategies to undertake by the bureau, or the payeur départemental (County Treasurer) who provides financial skills to elaborate our annual budget.
Chairmen of the SMANM
- Pierre Aguiton, President of the County Council of la Manche (1995-2001)
- Alain Cousin, County Councilor of la Manche (2001-2004)
- Daniel Bosquet, Regional Councilor of Lower Normandy (2004-2008)
- Patrice Pillet, County Councilor of la Manche (2008-2011)
- Anne-Marie Cousin, Regional Councilor of Lower Normandy (2011-2015)
- Jean-Marc Julienne, County Councilor of la Manche (2016-2021)
- Pierre Vogt, Regional Councilor of Normandy (2021-…)
President : Mr Pierre Vogt, Regional Councilor of Normandy
Vice-President : Mrs Isabelle Bouyer-Maupas, County Councilor of la Manche
How the organisation works?
The SMANM Committee votes the annual budget and strategies for Maison de la Normandie et de la Manche.
The SMANM Committee meets at least twice a year, alternatively in Normandy and in the Channel Islands to debate and vote a series of actions to implement within the framework of its skills and missions.